Tuesday, February 21, 2012

President's Day Highlights

For President's Day weekend I drove up to Jackson Hole, Wyoming to visit my cousins. These are some highlights.
  • Mumford and Sons, David Bowie, Temper Trap, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, and This American Life made an amazing audio accompaniment on this particular road trip. Unfortunately The Historian did not.
  • Umcka drops and garlic tablets kicked the crap out of my cousin's horrible cold (and prevented the rest of us from getting sick). I'm now a believer.
  • I watched Breaking Dawn Some Cool Movie Without Lame Vampires, Anonymous, Contagion, Crazy Stupid Love, Tree of Life, and the finale of Downton Abby, all in one weekend, guilt-free, with snacks, without multitasking.
  • Speaking of snacks, movie popcorn and hot tamales... enough said. 
  • My cousin made me the best steak I've ever had in my life (complete with black truffle butter). It made me seriously reconsider my vegan weekdays.
  • Ignight is far more hip than anywhere in Jackson Hole, which is a welcome relief if cowboys aren't your thing. I recommend the skirt steak flatbread.
  • It's ridiculously cute when your young cousins are horrified and then enormously impressed when you make them try a green smoothie for breakfast.
  • Scum should always be played with Downton Abby characters.
  • I saw a million mountain goats, a gazillion elk, and 3 moose.
  • These are really good.
  • People weren't really impressed with chocolate mousse made from avocados, but I suspect they wouldn't have even noticed if we wouldn't have told them what was in it.
  • I cannot leave Vom Fass without spending money.
  • Moroccan oil makes my hair super sexy.
  • "Cousin Matthew" is really important code for future reference.
  • I'm really visually into snow covered fields and trees right now, though I took no pictures.
  • If he pesters enough, a little girl will let her father yank out her (not quite ready) loose tooth.
  • I had such an amazing weekend, I may or may not be considering a move up to ol' Wyo for the summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment