Sunday, September 9, 2012

Kick Start Er

Well, I did it. Something I thought I'd never do... Kickstarter.

I thought Kickstarter was for lazy teenagers to get their parents to donate to their drug habit-- er, I mean band. But when I couldn't book enough shoots to pay for my broken camera equipment before I go to Iceland (it's mostly my fault, living in Wyoming makes it hard for my Utah-based clients to schedule shoots), I decided to check out Kickstarter.

I was... surprised.

It's actually a pretty cool place with pretty cool projects. Sure there are plenty that make you wonder about humanity, but really people are quite clever overall. Looking through the different rewards offered for one's pledge got me thinking that it's the sort of place you can find pretty cool and unique presents for friends. Just in case you were looking for that sorta thing...

Anyway, without further ado, here is my kickstarter:


And here is a pretty great Portlandia clip I think about every time I post something about Kickstarter:

peace,
k.

No comments:

Post a Comment