Saturday, July 2, 2011

I Have a Type

Ok, to clarify before we go any further, today we are talking about celebrity crushes. Celebrity crushes are different from character crushes, but often get mixed up with one another. Character crushes are characters from a book/movie/show/etc you find attractive while celebrity crushes are the actual famous person. These both differ from artist crushes where one is far more in love with the work of the artist than the actual person. Then of course there are real life crushes, but those are mostly just painfully awkward in my life.

Today, we are focusing only on male celebrity crushes.

Recently it's become wildly apparent that I have a type when it comes to celebrity crushes. I always fancied myself a person who likes variety, but then I put pictures of all my current celebrity crushes next to each other and I realized that I pretty much crush on almost the exact same person over and over again. To my defense, I do like the different personalities of each of these celebrities and it could be a giant coincidence that they look so similarly. Or, I'm just shallow.

CAUTION: ATTRACTIVENESS BELOW. PROCEED WITH CARE.

Let's get started. My number one celebrity crush right now is Casey Affleck.
You may know him from such films as: 
Gone Baby Gone | The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford | Ocean's 11
What I love most about him: his voice.

- - - - - - - - -

Next we have Lee Pace. He's rapidly gaining speed on Casey Affleck for my number one spot. He also looks like a slightly more rugged version of Casey in a way.
 You may know him from:

The Fall | Pushing Daisies | Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
What I love most about him: his acting is INCREDIBLE.

 - - - - - - - - -

Then we have Sufjan Stevens who looks pretty much exactly the same as Lee Pace. I mean, really?
You may know him from:
Being an amazing musician.
What I love most about him: banjo skills.

- - - - - - - - -

Here is James McAvoy who has a picture which won't center.

You may know him from such movies as:
Atonement (my favorite) | Wanted | X-Men First Class
What I love most about him: his accent.

 - - - - - - - - -

Don't forget Joseph Gordon-Leavitt. He mixes things up by having dark brown eyes.
You may know him from such works as:
Inception | Third Rock from the Sun | 500 Days of Summer
What I like about him:
His production company (hitrecordjoe.com) is brilliant.

 - - - - - - - - -

 You may know him from:
Man vs. Wild
What I love most about him:
He is as manly as it comes.

So basically I'm shallow and I only like dark-haired men with light eyes (usually blue or green or hazel), who are somewhat soft spoken, yet very passionate. A bit of scruff is an added plus, as is semi-grown out, disheveled hair.

Wow. When did this happen that I developed such a strong type in my celebrity crushes? Kill me.

peace,
k.

2 comments:

  1. Ummmm...it just clicked for me that this is your blog. I saw a few of your posts on facebook but I thought you had just found a new favorite blog. I'm slow. Sorry.

    In other news, you and I have very similar taste -- first Brandon Boyd, now Lee Pace. He's so adorable in Pushing Daisies, it's almost too distracting when I watch the show (why, oh why, did they cancel that show? Probably because I started watching it...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought long and hard about Brandon Boyd. He almost made the list, but I think he's more of an artist crush. If he didn't sing or have his amazing lyrics, I probably wouldn't find him quite as amazing.

    And yeah, new blog. Haha. Something less attached to my professional name so I can be a little less diplomatic. ;-)

    ReplyDelete