Wednesday, August 29, 2012

To Peter Pan

I promise I'm not feeling this angsty all the time-- these are just some words I needed to get out after a text I got this morning from a lovely friend of mine about a guy. This is for all the people that claim baggage but really like to keep a pack of hearts tied in their arsenal for their fickle disposal. I like to call them Peter Pans.

When did love become so cheap and people so disposable?
And the games
the games
the games
(we cant talk about those though).
Don't pass me the confusion she gives you,
Or the lack of commitment she lives, you
have no excuse for the selfish behavior you blame on your unfinished soul.

I am 
here. 
Remember that I am
living
breathing
Seeing
and doing the best that I can
not waiting for Peter Pan.
And when I give you an out,
take it,
because you know you don't want to make it
work out.
But you forgot to tell me that when you held my hand.

Let's be clear that you sold the perfect counterfeit
life
strife
and need of a wife,
because you knew I was blind
to this hypocritical crime you willingly commit.
Boy, you almost kiss as well as you lie with those lips.

I know you don't care about me
but 
please
stop treating hearts like they don't break,
or selling love that is fake,
because I dunno when I'm gonna shake
the image of us that you left me.


peace,
k. 

1 comment: