Thursday, April 12, 2012

Post Meridiem Reflecting

Tonight has been one of those raining-outside-contemplating-life-inside sort of nights.

Death. Faith. Loyalty. Old friendships. 

My birthday is in two months. I wonder if Alex will be around to see me turn 24? It's becoming so real now. I can conceptualize him not being here to see my future, but I can't wrap my head around him being gone for my present. What day is it going to truly hit that this is the beginning of the end?

Where does reason end and faith begin? Is reason the antithesis of faith, and if so, why? And where does seeking truth fit in? "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." 2 Timothy 3:7

Why can't men have close friends who are women? Are women so sexualized in our culture that we cease to hold any value when a man is in a romantic relationship with a different woman? I'm tired of not mattering to friends as soon as they start dating someone.

In the last couple of months I've rekindled some old friendships that were lost for one reason or another. It's been really beautiful. What a blessing they have been. 

peace,
k.

1 comment:

  1. That day doesn't hit you until after it happens. All I can say is that it will be a ways down the road when things finally start to hit you.

    Amen to that. Gotta love the friends who drop you faster than a call from AT&T.

    ReplyDelete