Friday, May 4, 2012

OH WYO

People were baffled when I told them I was moving to Wyoming for the summer, so I'd quickly add that I was moving to Jackson Hole, which is more like Park City and less like whatever they were thinking. (After all, the great Han Solo himself lives here, so it can't be too bad right?)

Well, I've been here about a week and a half and I must say... I'm absolutely and utterly loving it.

I live with my wonderful cousins (and their three awesome kids) about a half mile from downtown Jackson. I work at the most fabulous gourmet cooking store that specializes in face meltingly delicious oils, vinegars, and spices (as well as wine, spirits, and liqueurs that I know absolutely nothing about). And get this, the singles ward is full of completely... normal people. I know, I know. I can barely wrap my head around it. I mean, the summer is still young so there's a chance some weirdies can still come in and weird it up, but so far people are pretty darn cool. In fact, everyone in Jackson seems pretty darn cool. People are so genuinely kind and friendly here, it's quite refreshing. I'm really looking forward to life here this summer.

Aaand, in other news, I painted my nails the other day. Bam.


peace,
k.

1 comment:

  1. Normal people in a singles ward? I don't believe it.

    {Full disclosure: Kevin and I met in a singles ward.}

    ReplyDelete