Saturday, May 19, 2012

Back to Utah

I don't have a lot of time to blog, but here is a wee update:

Thanks to the most amazing workplace ever, I'm back in Utah to spend time with Alex for as long as I need. This was an insanely huge blessing and took a mammoth weight off my shoulders. My sister and I were talking yesterday, and we both agreed it was harder to watch someone die then to help someone die. Being away from my family during this profound life change was devastating. To feel useless and like a bystander was the worst feeling I've ever had, especially when I knew how overwhelmed my family at home was feeling. Although the last day and a half has been physically and mentally draining, I'm so, so, so thankful to be here.

More to come...

peace,
k.
 


1 comment:

  1. I am so, so sorry for you and your family. I've been keeping up with your updates about your brother and it just breaks my heart. My prayers are with you and your family and I can say that I understand in the teeniest way how you are feeling.

    ReplyDelete