Sunday, July 24, 2011

Desires

Today in relief society we talked about... wait for it...

MARRIAGE!

Well, the lesson wasn't actually about marriage, but because we are all 20-something-single-mormon-females it HAS to be about marriage or we'd all forget that we want to be married AND THEN WHO WOULD PROVIDE THE CASSEROLES TO WARD FUNCTIONS!?

Anyway, the lesson was really about desires (to be married). At the beginning of the class we were all asked to take out a piece of paper and write down what our desires in life are (who we want to become, what is most important to us, etc).

I did not hesitate.
And then I drew a picture.
Why yes, that IS me slaying zombies while riding my trusty elephant!

With all my problems with the whole singles-ward-marriage-prep-talk thing aside, this lesson really did get me thinking about my desires in life AND marriage. I'm a pretty focused and goal achieving person anyway (read: doesn't have a dating life), but it's always good to list things out and give them air to breathe. So, here you go...

Life Desires
Teach photography in foreign places.
Live in a few different countries.
Visit every continent.
Know at least one other language fluently.
Be an excellent cook.
Laugh everyday. Make others laugh everyday.
Take an important photograph.
Treat my body with respect.
Grow a successful garden and share all the produce with my neighbors. 
Enjoy others.
Serve unselfishly.
Bask in others' happiness.
Adopt children.
Create home.
Live a life for others using my own unique self and talents. 
Be remembered for something good.

Marriage Desires
Pretty much everything from my life desires list, but with a cool teammate who has a list of their own that they want me to be apart of.

I'd say that I'm aligning my life in the way that will help me achieve all the things on my life desires list, the only problem is that darn marriage desires list. Unfortunately I've yet to find any guy resembling that. So, if any of you see him, point me in that direction. (He's probably just been too busy slaying zombies to notice his cute help meet over here.)


peace,
k.

No comments:

Post a Comment